The Children's Crusade: Introduction
Whole-Group Activity: Discussion and Video
Project the image above and ask students to comment on what they see.
- When do you think this photo was taken? Why do you think that?
- Where do you think it was taken? What details led you to believe that?
- What do you think is happening in the photo?
- Hold old do you think the people in the photo are?
- If it doesn't come up, ask students what they know about segregation.
Video: No More
After watching the video, refer back to the image projected earlier. Ask children if their opinions about what was going on have changed. Have them substantiate their answers with what they saw in the video.
Individual Digital Activity:
Note: The teacher will not be able to record answers unless he/she has a free EdPuzzle.com account. To create an account, click here.
To open this activity in EdPuzzle, click here.