All volunteer slots have been filled. Please check back in May for more volunteer opportunities.
Volunteers are essential to creating a fun and immersive experience for parents, guardians, and professionals.
Interpreter training programs and deaf education postsecondary students are welcome to apply. We will accept 10 volunteers. Please read the following expectations before submitting your application.
Volunteers are individuals who can commit to the following:
- Assist participants at registration and check-in
- Know the locations being held during the program and be able to direct participants as needed
- Assist staff with logistics, set up/take down and information sharing
- Participate in all classes and activities when not volunteering
- Able to come to Austin, Texas
- Attend volunteer training on the day before the program, starting at 12:30 PM
- Committed to serving during the full week of July 9 – 14, July 16 – 21, or July 23 – 28.
- Communicate in American Sign Language at all times
- Demonstrate cultural sensitivity for the deaf and hard-of-hearing communities
- Demonstrate flexibility and ability to perform other tasks as assigned
- Wear a shirt identifying themselves as volunteers
- Answer questions in a helpful and friendly way
1. Complete the volunteer application by June 3, 2023.
2. Wait for confirmation.
To learn more, visit Communication Skills Workshop (CSW).