Engineering: Using Math and Science to Build Solutions
This upcoming Winter Discovery Retreat will introduce students to the various avenues of Engineering from manufacturing to design work. We will have various professionals present about their jobs and what it took for them to become successful in their field of Engineering. Students will:
- Design objects for construction
- Build things!
- Learn what types of Engineering work fields there are
- Determine what training is required for their areas of interest
- For High School 9th-12th Graders who are deaf or hard of hearing
- February 23-25, 2024
- At the Peaceable Kingdom in Killeen, Texas
Spots are limited, and a nomination is required for each attendee. This Discovery Retreat will be open to 4 grades instead of the usual 2 grades so we encourage you to ask your teacher to complete the nomination form and submit it ASAP.