Services in Texas
Direct services to children and their families may be found at:
- Early childhood intervention agencies
- Regional Day School Programs for the Deaf
- Texas School for the Deaf
- Public School Districts and Charter Schools
- Private Schools
Visiting Schools and Programs
The best way to get to know schools and programs for deaf and hard of hearing students in Texas is to visit them. Each will have its own policy for visitors so you should call or contact them ahead of time to make arrangements. You can also call or email schools and programs to ask about services for deaf and hard of hearing children
State Resource Centers
In addition to the educational programs schools provide, two resource centers serve the state to assist students who are deaf or hard of hearing, their families, and the professionals who work with them.
- Education Service Center Region 11, Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services
- Statewide Outreach Center at Texas School for the Deaf
Education Service Centers
All 20 Educational Service Centers have designated staff to provide guidance related to deaf education.